#TalkTraffic: Solutions to End Trafficking
Our goal is to end trafficking, and to prevent it from happening in the first place. We also want to help survivors reclaim their voices and their lives. This video delves into the solutions we need that will put an end to trafficking.
What You Need To Know
At NY Anti-Trafficking Network, we focus on helping survivors reclaim their voices and their lives, but we are also working to prevent and end trafficking at the root causes. Prevention is key – and therefore requires taking on the issues that lead people to the vulnerable situations that put them at risk for trafficking in the first place.
These are the long-term solutions we are working toward and calling for:
- Safe and affordable housing.
- Supportive and qualified legal and social services.
- Commonsense immigration policy.
- Living wage jobs, opportunities to build financial assets, and anti-poverty policies.
- Supporting low-wage workers organizing for their rights.
- Sexuality education, which survivors say would have helped them navigate vulnerable situations.
- Reduce reliance on the criminal justice system and remove heavy oversight by law enforcement.
- Safe, qualified, and appropriate services and housing for LGBTQ young people, especially those at risk for homelessness and/or family rejection.
- Promoting a global culture that values women and girls.
- Protecting fair working conditions and labor rights.
- Protecting human rights.
- Transparency and accountability in supply chains for goods and services.
If you do any of this work, you are doing important anti-trafficking work.
Share this video: youtu.be/HSak84Jtd84
Learn more about what you can do to help.
Production Credits — Producers: Juhu Thukral and Jeffrey Yamaguchi. Video Production/Filming/Editing: Jordan Timpy and Cassie Timpy of Agape Visuals (Read their write-up about working on this project). Music: Broke For Free.